Sunday, May 21, 2006

I love designing, and i would say that formal education in art kills the brains. Somehow, when we learn, our minds are constricted to just one meaning of an object, or a topic. When we think of rainbow, we make the link to the sun, the rain, colours and happiness etc. We don't seem to link it to other things unless we really think out of the box.

In short i'm trying to say sometimes education constricts the mind instead of opening it up.

Refer to this entry.

I have a phobia of designing when monetary terms are introduced into the picture. I keep rejecting deals that pay rather handsomely because i fear
a)Not designing well enough because i lack the inspiration
b)Not getting paid

Plus, i am only a 15 year old and even though i am burning a very very bright and hot torch for designing it is still a little young to decide where i am heading.

I can't take the thrills and kills of freelancing. You get jobs sometimes, and sometimes you don't. It's a pretty filmsy career.

I don't know why teens at my age are so 'on' to be a graphic designer. Maybe they haven't thought about the side-effects of it, and ARE THEY SO SURE they can handle a commercial project? Hmm.

Sidetrack : Godfather might be buying me flash. HOHO.

By the way i am real thankful to James for giving me a go on the commercial project and saying that i can always go approach him if i've decided to commit into work again. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home