Sunday, December 31, 2006

I didn't sleep at all, maybe because of my excitement for the shopping and ushering of the new year later. I always spend a long time in bed before i fall asleep, as i tend to think about things that happened, or might happen, or is happening. I would pretty much call myself a deep thinker although i don't show it, especially when i'm with my friends. ;x

Why do people welcome a new year so much? Does a new start only come with a new year? I guess people feel this way because a year means a big magnitude of changes, and for us students, maybe it's due to us not seeing many of our friends/teachers for quite awhile and that gives us the time to cool down, or simply forget about the current year and move on with life.

I wonder if anybody understood what i wrote. It's a holyadadahfsdigdflgi long sentence too.

I figured out that a new start can begin anytime, anywhere. Doesn't exactly need a new month or a new day. Pushing it to the next day, month, or year is just procrastination.

Anyway.

Went to the hawker center and bought breakfast for my sister and I. I am probably so kind of out the blue because i feel rich, and when i feel rich i feel happy, thus resulting in the onset of absolute randomness and weirdness.

Bought meat porridge from this stall owned by an elderly couple. Their porridge is pretty good and so is their business. Somehow, just by looking at the old lady cook, i began to wonder if she was as playful as the teens we are now. -_-"

As i see her husband, grey-haired, skinny but still able to move fast serve the meals to the people, it just struck me - How hard it is to earn money. You face the hot boiling porridge, and risk yourself of getting scald, each time, for $2.

Then my thoughts wandered off to my parents, regarding their divorce and also with the rapid rise of divorce rates. Without such lasting couples to bring a glimmer of hope to all the cynics like you and I, the iconic(maybe ironic too) 'true love' would have long been extinct.

Seeing the both of them move around is somehow sweet, yet heart-wrenching.

Ahhh, this post is so long and naggy and different from my usual posts. Must be due to the lack of sleep and seeing my mom going to work today. Her job is especially taxing on the ends and beginnings of months.

Sister : You're going to work today? New Year eve leh.
Mom : New year eve so what? Life still has to go on.

._.

I still miss Fifi very much. New year and XMAS would have been a whole lot better with him around, because i'll hold him and tell him

"Merry XMAS/Happy New Year Fifi! Spend the next xmas/new year with me okay?" and then proceed to either sniff him or rub my nose against his.

SIGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home