Monday, August 28, 2006

Because of my sudden cravings for my favourite chocolate-biscuit snack, i headed downstairs, in my school uniform. Yes, i am a dirty little girl.

Then the lift door opened, and i walked right into a buzzing funeral. I used the word 'buzzing' because it seriously looks more like a wedding instead. There were people playing mahjong, LAUGHING, and even a bunch of teens my age chirping and swearing once in a short while.

It was as though i stepped out of some limo, and into the red carpet(there was even an aisle, how dramatic), as though i was ZHANG ZI YI because the wind kept blowing. Maybe i'm the deranged version of it, but i could feel weird stares.

So i continued my brisk walk to the provision shops...until.....something BLACK and ticklish seemed to have ran towards my skirt and then disappeared under it. My leg felt itchy.

To my horror, it was a COCKROACH.

AT THAT POINT, i don't know why i didn't scream(maybe because of the Zhang Ziyi incident), but i swung my leg real hard till the damned pest fell to the floor and scurried off.

Goodness. I should really watch where i walk.

Speaking of which, amongst all my HDB blocks, a funeral in one of the blocks is like a harbinger of death because a day after my block had a funeral, the neighbouring block had as well! And i predict, in less than a week's time, another funeral will take place.

3 years ago, in the beginning of the fresh year, my grandmother passed away. She was like the one to get the 'ball' rolling, because after that the blocks seemed to be taking turns to hold funerals.

Probably shows Singapore has a declining population. I read an article in the papers today, and it mentioned something like the population might not be a problem, it is whether the parents of these newborn wants them to be the citizens of this country or not.

Very true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home